Weekly Report on Israeli Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
The occupied Palestinian territory is witnessing more Israeli war crimes
From (17/05/2018 to 23/05/2018)
During the period covered by the present report (17/05/2018 to 23/05/2018), Israeli Occupation Forces continued their grave and systematic violations of the rules of international humanitarian law and international human rights law in the occupied Palestinian territory. These forces continued to use force against the Palestinian civilians participating in the protest demonstrations after the US President Donald Trump declared that Jerusalem was the capital of the Israeli occupation state and the transfer of the US Embassy to it, which took place on 14/5/2018, which formed a dangerous precedent that violates the international law. These violations were manifested in the use of armed force against Palestinian civilians, tightening the policy of blockade and closure, the appropriation of land to serve its settlement projects, and the Judaization of Jerusalem.
- Occupation forces continue to use force against peaceful Palestinian civilians in Gaza Strip
- Two people wounded in the major return march in Gaza Strip and a child in the West Bank, got martyred due to their injuries.
- (35) civilians, including (2) children, and a journalist, were injured in the West Bank.
- a Palestinian prisoner from Jabal al-Mukaber got martyred in suspicious circumstances.
- Israeli warplanes bombard two boats equipped to receive breaking the siege ships in Gaza port and cause damage to them.
- Occupation forces carried out 49 incursions in the West Bank and five similar incursions in Jerusalem Governorate.
- (33) citizens, including (4) children and a member in the Legislative Council were arrested, 14 of them were arrested in Jerusalem Governorate.
- Settlers cut (700) grapevine trees in Al-Marjama area, in Hahoul.
- The occupation forces continue to divide the West Bank into cantons and continue its unjust blockade on Gaza Strip for the eleventh consecutive year and hindering the movement of Palestinian citizens in the West Bank at flying and permanent checkpoints