Weekly Report on Israeli Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
The occupied Palestinian territory is witnessing more Israeli war crimes
From (5/07/2018 – until 11/07/2018)
During the period covered by the present report (5/7/2018 – 11/7/2018), IOF continued their grave and systematic violations against the rules of international humanitarian law and international human rights law in the occupied Palestinian territory.
During the week covered by this report, IOF continued to use force against Palestinian civilians participating in the protest demonstrations, after tensions erupted as a result of the announcement made by US President Donald Trump, stipulating that “Jerusalem is the capital of the Israeli occupation state”, and ordering the transfer of the US Embassy to the city, which took place on 14/5/2018, and which constitutes a dangerous precedent that contradicts international law.
- IOF continues to use force against peaceful demonstrators in the Gaza Strip
- A civilian was killed, and 141 others were wounded, including 29 children, 12 women, a journalist, and five paramedics.
- Israeli warplanes fired a missile at a group of peaceful demonstrators in the southern Gaza Strip.
- IOF Continued fire towards the border areas of the Gaza Strip, with no casualties
- IOF carried out 65 incursions into the West Bank and 3 incursions into the Gaza Strip
- Arrest of 70 citizens, including 6 children, including six children Jerusalem governorate.
- A Palestinian was arrested near the border fence in the southern Gaza Strip
- Occupation authorities continued to Judaize occupied East Jerusalem
- Sweeping (4) agricultural lands, a fuel station, a car washroom in the town of Hizma, and the confiscation of a “Container” in Shu’fat.
- Establishing mobile housing units east of Abu Dis to displace the Bedouin communities.
- Settlement activity continues in the West Bank
- Confiscation of a residential tent and two mobile homes allocated for school classrooms ,shed south of Hebron
- Settlers burnt and uprooted (766) trees north and south of the West Bank.
- Shooting (5) times towards fishing boats at sea without injuries reoprted.
- Occupation forces continued to divide the West Bank into cantons, and continued its unjust siege on the Gaza Strip for the eleventh consecutive year.
- Arrest of participants on a ship aiming to break the siege imposed by Israeli gunboats
- Hindering the movement of Palestinian citizens in the West Bank at checkpoints.