Weekly Report on Israeli Human Rights Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
From 22/08/2019 – till 28/08/2019
During the week covered by this report, Israeli occupying forces continued to commit more serious and systematic violations of international humanitarian and human rights law in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.
- 155 Palestinian civilians, including 60 children, 2 women and 7 paramedics, were injured in the Israeli army’s suppression of the marches of return in the east of the Gaza Strip.
- Four civilians were wounded in the West Bank by the Israeli army.
- The Israeli army arrested 79 citizens, including 9 children and a woman, during 82 incursions into the West Bank.
- The Israeli army handed in -to Palestinian citizens- confiscating notifications of 1186 acres east of Qalqilya to build settlement units, also demolished a house and a restaurant in Bethlehem, and forced a citizen to demolish his own house in occupied Jerusalem.
- The Israeli army fired four times at Palestinian fishermen boats off the coast of the Gaza Strip and carried out limited incursion into the east of the Gaza Strip.
- Israeli army set up 57 sudden checkpoints between the West Bank cities and towns.
- the occupation authorities reduced the amount of fuel supplied to the Gaza Strip to the half.