Weekly Report on Israeli Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
The occupied Palestinian territory is witnessing more Israeli war crimes
From (04/01/2018 to 10/01/2018)
During the period covered by the present report (04/01/2018 to 10/01/2018), Israeli Occupation Forces continued their grave and systematic violations of the rules of international humanitarian law and international human rights law in the occupied Palestinian territory. These violations were manifested in the use of armed force against Palestinian civilians, tightening the policy of blockade and closure, the appropriation of land to serve its settlement projects, and the Judaization of Jerusalem.
- (23) Palestinian civilians, including six children, were wounded in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, 15 of them with live bullets, 6 with metal bullets, and 2 with shrapnel of sound bombs.
- Israeli Occupation Forces carried out 72 incursions into the West Bank and a limited incursion into the southern Gaza Strip
- 62 citizens were arrested, including 8 children, 18 of them, including 6 children, were arrested in Jerusalem governorate
- The Israeli occupation authorities continue to Judaize occupied East Jerusalem
- Excavations started to build a pedestrian bridge to serve the settlers in Silwan
- Bids for marketing lands for building (900) new housing units in “Ariel” settlement in the northern West Bank were approved
- Settlers uproot 15 olive trees and attacked Palestinian vehicles in Nablus governorate
- Shooting towards fishing boats at sea for three times
- 8 fishermen were arrested after wounding five of them and three boats were confiscated in the north of Gaza Strip
- The occupation forces continue to divide the West Bank into cantons and continue its unjust blockade on Gaza Strip for the eleventh consecutive year
- Hindering the movement of Palestinian citizens in the West Bank at flying and permanent checkpoints