Weekly Report on Israeli Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
The occupied Palestinian territory is witnessing more Israeli war crimes
From (18/01/2018 to 24/01/2018)
During the period covered by the present report (18/01/2018 to 24/01/2018), Israeli Occupation Forces continued their grave and systematic violations of the rules of international humanitarian law and international human rights law in the occupied Palestinian territory. These violations were manifested in the use of armed force against Palestinian civilians, tightening the policy of blockade and closure, the appropriation of land to serve its settlement projects, and the Judaization of Jerusalem.
- Israeli occupation forces continue to use excessive force in the occupied Palestinian territory
- A Palestinian citizen was martyred, 4 others were injured and 3 houses were razed in a military operation in Jenin
- (25) Palestinian civilians, including six children, two women, a journalist and a paramedic were injured in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip (13) of them were wounded with live bullets, five by metal bullets and seven by sound bombs shrapnel.
- a Palestinian prisoner suffering from cancer was martyred in the Israeli occupation prisons
- Israeli forces carried out 74 incursions into the West Bank
- 79 citizens, including 16 children, a woman and a deputy in the Palestinian Legislative Council were arrested
- Shooting for seven times towards fishing boats in the northern Gaza Strip
- The occupation forces continue to divide the West Bank into cantons and continue its unjust blockade on the Gaza Strip for the eleventh consecutive year