Weekly Report on Israeli Violations in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
From (16/04/2020 – 22/04/2020)
The Occupation Forces continued to commit their violations against the Palestinians, including storming Palestinian cities, without any regard for the state of emergency that has been declared in the Occupied Palestinian Territory since March 6, 2020, to avoid spreading the infection with Coronavirus. These forces carried out their incursions into Palestinian cities, without real safety and protection measures, to prevent the transmission of the infection with Coronavirus, which is widespread in Israel. That represents a gap in Palestinian preventive measures to prevent the spread of the virus. The settlers also continued, with the support of the occupation forces, to attack Palestinian civilians, including occupied Jerusalem. The occupation prevented any Palestinian preventive measures to confront Corona virus in East Jerusalem, with weak measures taken by Israel, despite its responsibility as an occupying power in the city, according to the rules of international law.
- The incursions of the occupation are a serious gap in the Palestinian protection wall to prevent the spread of Corona virus.
- The occupation authorities obstruct the Palestinian efforts to confront Corona virus in occupied East Jerusalem.
- (10) Palestinian civilians were wounded by the Israeli army, including 9 in the West Bank and a fisherman in Gaza.
- The Israeli occupation forces arrested (38) Palestinians, including (5) children and a woman.
- The occupation army demolished a café, a barracks and a sheepfold, and handled notifications to demolish two houses and agricultural rooms in the occupied West Bank.
- Settler gangs continued to attack Palestinians, uproot and break olive trees in the occupied West Bank
- The Israeli occupation army set up (10) military checkpoints between the cities and towns of the West Bank.